Radisson Mining releases new 3D structural interpretation highlighting strong analogies between 36E area and the Old O’Brien mine
TSX VENTURE: RDS
ROUYN-NORANDA, Quebec, Feb. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Radisson Mining Resources Inc. (“Radisson” or the “Company") announces that following the completion of the 2018 drilling program, of which assays are pending for 3,850 metres (“m”), the company completed a litho-structural modeling and reviewed the current geological model for the O’Brien property. The O’Brien gold project is composed of two contiguous properties representing 4.5 km of strike in the Bousquet-Cadillac mining camp along the Larder-Lake-Cadillac Break halfway between Rouyn-Noranda and Val-d’Or in Quebec, Canada. (See figure 1 and figure 2)
Using a 3.5-grams/tonne gold (“g/t Au”) cut-off grade, the O’Brien deposit currently contains 233,491 ounces (“oz”) at grade of 6.45 g/t Au in the Indicated category and 194,084 oz at a grade of 5.22 g/t Au in the Inferred category (InnovExplo, 2018). 13,226 metres of drilling were completed since closing of the database for resource current resources.
Current resources area begins 600 metres east and along strike of shaft No. 2 of the Old O’Brien mine having produced 587 121 oz at a head grade of 15.25 g/t Au between 1926 and 1957 (InnovExplo, 2018).
Litho-structural Modeling presentation
A summary of Ore zones network interpretation and the revised litho-structural model will be made available on the company’s website in the coming weeks.
Press release highlights:
- The new structural interpretation is based on current and historic drill holes and highlights a strong compatibility with the historic data and geometry of the Old O’Brien mine, where 90% of gold production came from the crossing of a conjugated veins system (Sauvé et Trudel, 1990).
- Three preferential mineralized orientations are observed; EAST-NORTH-EAST (“ENE”), EAST-SOUTH-EAST (“ESE”) and EAST-WEST (“EW”).
- ENE mineralized corridors appear to be spatially associated with the interpreted ENE faults
- Steep eastward plunging gold enrichment vectors (“ore shoots”) are identified on F, 36E and Vintage zones. These vectors occur at the intersection of the conjugated ENE and ESE quartz veins and locally, along the axes of asymmetrically folded quartz veins.
- The structural interpretation significantly increases our comprehension of the O’Brien gold project. This will allow Radisson to generate high potential drill targets.
- In current resources area, the vertical extension of the known ore shoots was defined by drilling to a depth of 550 metres. In comparison, the Old O’Brien mine production reached a depth of 1,100 metres and remains untested below.
“Revision of the geological and litho-structural model allows to highlight the strong analogy between 36E zone and the Old O’Brien mine where historic production returned a phenomenal head grade. Not only it increases our confidence level in the extension of known ore shoots defined in the deposit, it also unlocks the potential for the discovery of other ones on the O’Brien project as a whole”, commented Mario Bouchard, President and CEO.
Richard Nieminen, P. Geo, Exploration manager, acts as a Qualified Person as defined in National Instrument 43-101 and has reviewed and approved the technical information in this press release.
About Radisson Mining Resources Inc.
Radisson is a gold exploration company focused on its 100% owned O’Brien project, located in the Bousquet-Cadillac mining camp along the world-renowned Larder-Lake-Cadillac Break in Abitibi, Quebec. The Bousquet-Cadillac mining camp has produced over 21,000,000 ounces of gold over the last 100 years. The project hosts the former O’Brien Mine, considered to have been the Abitibi Greenstone Belt’s highest-grade gold producer during its production (1,197,147 metric tons at 15.25 g/t Au for 587,121 ounces of gold from 1926 to 1957; InnovExplo, May 2018).For more information on Radisson, visit our website at www.radissonmining.com or contact:
President and CEO
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Forward-Looking Statements: This press release may contain certain forward-looking information. All statements included herein, including the scheduled Closing date, but other than statements of historical fact, is forward-looking information and such information involves various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information. A description of assumptions used to develop such forward-looking information and a description of risk factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from forward looking information can be found in Radisson’s disclosure documents on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com.