VANCOUVER, BC, Sept. 15, 2020 /CNW/ - Sassy Resources Corporation ("Sassy" or the "Company") (CSE: SASY) is pleased to announce that crews have mobilized to commence first-ever drilling within 48 hours at the Westmore high-grade gold-silver target in the southwest section of the Company's 146 sq. km Foremore Project in Northwest B.C.'s Eskay Camp.
Mr. Mark Scott, Sassy President and CEO, stated: "We have moved quickly and boldly, after just three months of field exploration, to take Westmore to the drill stage because this is such a compelling grassroots target based on a broad set of geological, geochemical and geophysical evidence. It was not identified by historical explorers due to year-round ice and snow cover."
Westmore Highlights Including New Findings:
- Geological mapping has demonstrated that a robust network of quartz veins is associated with east-west trending structures that have the characteristics of Riedel-type shears;
- Quartz veins have been mapped within the Westmore intrusive, interpreted to be a quartz monzonite, and within the immediate surrounding country rocks;
- When the associated conjugate veins are accounted for, the widths of these quartz vein structures can be up to five meters;
- Visible gold has been observed within these quartz veins and preliminary observations suggest there is a relationship of visible gold with galena (pyrite and chalcopyrite have also been observed within the quartz veins);
- A geochemical analysis of the Foremore Property by Dr. Peter Lightfoot; Technical Adviser to Sassy, has revealed an unusually high ratio of gold and silver to base metals at the Westmore target;
- Westmore, never previously drilled or systematically explored, features a distinct magnetic signature based on historical mag data;
- A minimum 2 km x 2 km area of interest covers the intrusion and contacts with supracrustal rocks and associated faults.
Mr. Ian Fraser, P.Geo., Sassy VP Exploration, commented: "Our team is extremely intrigued with the Westmore target, one of three major project areas that we're advancing simultaneously at Foremore. Our goal at the outset of drilling is to confirm the continuity of gold-silver mineralization along strike and to depth. What we're seeing at surface appears to be a very organized intrusive-hosted system that could have deep roots."
The technical information in this news release has been reviewed and approved by Mr. Ian Fraser, P. Geo., Vice President of Exploration for Sassy Resources. Mr. Fraser is the Qualified Person responsible for the scientific and technical information contained herein under National Instrument 43-101 standards.
About Sassy Resources
Sassy Resources is an exploration stage resource company currently engaged in the identification, acquisition and exploration of high-grade precious metal and base metal projects in North America. Its current focus is on the Foremore Gold-Silver Project located in the Eskay Camp, Liard Mining Division, in the heart of Northwest B.C.'s prolific Golden Triangle.
No stock exchange or securities regulatory authority has reviewed or accepted responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
The securities referred to in this news release have not been, nor will they be, registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, U.S. persons absent U.S. registration or an applicable exemption from the U.S. registration requirements.
This news release does not constitute an offer for sale of securities for sale, nor a solicitation for offers to buy any securities. Any public offering of securities in the United States must be made by means of a prospectus containing detailed information about the company and management, as well as financial statements.
Forward-looking Information Cautionary Statement
Except for statements of historic fact, this news release contains certain "forward-looking information" within the meaning of applicable securities law. Forward-looking information is frequently characterized by words such as "plan", "expect", "project", "intend", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate" and other similar words, or statements that certain events or conditions "may" or "will" occur. Forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates at the date the statements are made, and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements including, but not limited to delays or uncertainties with regulatory approvals, including that of the CSE. There are uncertainties inherent in forward-looking information, including factors beyond the Company's control. There are no assurances that the business plans for the Company described in this news release will come into effect on the terms or time frame described herein. The Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking information if circumstances or management's estimates or opinions should change except as required by law. The reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Additional information identifying risks and uncertainties that could affect financial results is contained in the Company's filings with Canadian securities regulators, which are available at www.sedar.com.
804 - 750 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2T7