Piedmont Lithium: Further High Grade Lithium Identified During Drilling
West Perth, WA / April 4, 2018 / JMN Wire / Piedmont Lithium Limited (ASX: PLL) (“Piedmont” or “Company”) is pleased to advise that the Company has received assay results from a further 21 holes from the current 20,000 meter drilling campaign on its properties in the Carolina Tin-Spodumene Belt (“TSB”) in North Carolina, United States. The Company remains on schedule to release a maiden Mineral Resource estimate in accordance with the JORC Code by the end of the 2nd Quarter 2018.
The results build upon the previous drilling completed on the property and continue to show similar high-grade mineralisation and pegmatite intercepts. The Company has six drill rigs on site and has completed 76 holes totalling just over 13,000 meters of its planned 20,000-meter Phase 3 program. Infill drilling is expected to be completed within the next few weeks and upon completion the Company will move to drilling high priority targets to assist in delineating further potential resources.
Keith D. Phillips, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Infill drilling is going very well and resource modelling is ongoing. We look forward to completing the infill work soon and then shifting to exploration drilling, leading ultimately to a maiden Mineral Resource estimate in June and a Scoping Study shortly thereafter.”
- Piedmont has received further high-grade assay results from a further 21 holes with all holes showing high grade mineralisation including:
- 20.6m of cumulative thickness of mineralization (non-continuous) across 4 pegmatites which includes high grade intercepts of 14.6m @ 1.21% Li2O, 2.5m @ 1.38% Li2O and 1.8m @1.37 Li2O in Hole 17-BD-160
- 26.5m of cumulative thickness of mineralization (non-continuous) across 7 pegmatites which includes high grade intercepts of 6.0m @ 1.44% Li2O, 1.5m @ 2.15% Li2O and 2.3m @1.16 Li2O in Hole 17-BD-162
- 20.5m of cumulative thickness of mineralization (non-continuous) across 4 pegmatites which includes high grade intercepts of 10.0m @ 1.19% Li2O, 2.0m @ 1.53% Li2O and 5.1m @1.22 Li2O in Hole 17-BD-144
- 18.1m of cumulative thickness of mineralization (non-continuous) across 5 pegmatites which includes high grade intercepts of 8.1m @ 1.68% Li2O, 2.9m @ 1.40% Li2O and 1.5m @1.32 Li2O in Hole 17-BD-151
- Infill drilling is nearing completion and the Company is now looking forward to moving drill rigs to high priority exploration targets on its properties
- Maiden resource continues to remain on-track for delivery by end of 2nd Quarter 2018