Vancouver, British Columbia (FSCwire) - Noram Ventures Inc. (TSX-V: NRM Frankfurt: N7R OTCBB: NRVTF) (“Noram” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce it will start surface and sub-surface sampling on its 2,709 hectares Arizaro East mineral claim located in the eastern portion of the Salar de Arizaro in north-western Argentina in Los Andes Department, Salta Province (see: photo/map).
The focus of the surface and sub surface sampling will be in the area of Arizaro East claim located in Salar de Arizaro (see: map). Sampling will be conducted by means of shallow wells of 1 meter depth with composite samples, homogeneously fractioned concerning the extracted total. The extracted samples will be sent to the SGS laboratory for chemical analysis for lithium detection, results of the samples are expected in Q1 2018.
The company has developed a surface and sub surface plan for a Phase 1 exploration program on the 2,709 hectares as a function of the currently approved Environmental Impact Assessment (“EIA”) that enables basic geophysical and geotechnical exploration of shallow depth. Noram is organizing its exploration team and started logistic preparations for the sampling.
“We are very pleased to have closed on 100% of the acquisition of a land position in Argentina, which will diversify and compliment our existing asset mix of lithium and graphite properties,” said Noram’s President Mark Ireton. “Our focus is not only on finding and developing lithium and graphite deposits, but also on sourcing and supporting new, environmentally-friendly, processing techniques to produce lithium and graphite from our properties.”
Location & Infrastructure
- The Arizaro salt lake covers approximately 200,000 hectares, making it the third largest in the world
- One of the few unexplored salars located within the “lithium triangle”
- Located 75 km from Pocitos, location of a natural gas pipeline and industrial park
- The area is the focus of near term infrastructure upgrades as a result of the developments of Taca-Taca (First Quantum) and Lindero (Fortuna Silver)
- The basin is composed of a predominantly halite core, similar to Hombre Muerto (FMC) , Rincon (Enirgi) and Atacama in Chile (SQM & Albermarle)
- Noram’s Arizaro project comprises 2,709 hectares lithium brine-clay prospects
- Companies in the Arizaro area include Lithium X, Eramet, Sentient and REMSA (Salta Government)
About Noram Ventures Inc.
Noram Ventures Inc. (TSX-V: NRM Frankfurt: N7R OTCBB: NRVTF) is a Canadian based junior exploration company, with a goal of becoming a force in the Green Energy Revolution through the development of lithium and graphite deposits and becoming a low-cost supplier for the burgeoning lithium battery industry. The Company’s primary business focus since formation has been the exploration of mineral projects that include lithium projects in the Clayton Valley in Nevada, the Arizaro East mineral claim located in the eastern portion of the Salar de Arizaro in north-western Argentina and the Jumbo graphite property in British Columbia. Noram’s long term strategy is to build a multi-national lithium-graphite dominant industrial minerals company to produce and sell lithium and graphite into the markets of Europe, North America and Asia.