Nouveau Monde Graphite Provides Progress Update on Construction of Graphite Demonstration Plant
TSX VENTURE: NOU
SAINT-MICHEL-DES-SAINTS, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Dec. 4, 2017) - Nouveau Monde Graphite Inc. ("Nouveau Monde") (TSX VENTURE:NOU) (OTCQB:NMGRF) (FRANKFURT:NM9) is pleased to announce the completion of several milestones regarding the construction of its demonstration plant ("Demo Plant"). The significant achievements include; finalizing the Demo Plant engineering study, obtaining the financing and securing the authorizations and permits necessary for the completion of the first phase of the Demo Pant project. In addition, starting this November, Nouveau Monde has signed a short-term lease with Louisiana Pacific, owners of the building that will house the Demo Plant. The lease agreement includes access to a 40,000 square-foot area within the building. The Louisiana-Pacific plant is located 6 km from the West Zone of Nouveau Monde's graphite deposit.
- The adoption of a work schedule limiting the impact of ore transportation on traffic and noise, i.e., a stoppage of work during:
- Weekends, Fridays afternoons and evenings;
- The holiday season and spring break of the local school board;
- Construction holidays and the moose hunting season.
- The use of dust suppressants on the gravel section of the municipal road to control dust during transportation periods.
- allowing to qualify Nouveau Monde's products with customers;
- testing and improving the graphite concentrate process prior to its commercial design;
- developing value-added graphite products;
- testing new innovative mining waste management methods and site restoration technologies;
- to begin employees' training and raise local youth awareness of future job opportunities;
- demystifying mining operations for the local entrepreneurs and community members.