Cordoba Minerals and HPX Discover Significant Lateral Extensions of Copper-Gold Mineralization at Alacran Deposit in Colombia
- ACD-012: 224 metres @ 0.50% copper and 0.17 g/t gold, including 78 metres @ 0.74% copper and 0.35 g/t gold.
- ACD-010: 171 metres @ 0.51% copper and 0.18 g/t gold; including 35 metres @ 0.80% copper and 0.23 g/t gold.
- ACD-013: 160 metres @ 0.47% copper and 0.11 g/t gold including 78 metres @ 0.71% copper and 0.15 g/t gold.
- ACD-014: 109 metres @ 0.51% copper and 0.31 g/t gold including 54 metres @ 0.90% copper and 0.49 g/t gold.
- Drillhole ACD-010 (Figure 3) was located on section 855720mN where it tested the up-dip extensions of drillhole ACD-007 (169 metres @ 0.48% copper and 0.33 g/t gold) as a 50 metre step-out. ACD-010 successfully intersected a large, continuous zone of copper-gold mineralization of 171 metres @ 0.51% copper and 0.18 g/t gold, including 35 metres @ 0.80% copper and 0.23 g/t gold, that remains open both up- and down-dip on section. This mineralization remains open to the south down plunge and up-dip on section.
- Drillhole ACD-012 (Figure 3) was also collared on section 855720mN and tested between drillholes ASA-025 (downdip: 68 metres @ 0.50% copper and 0.09 g/t gold; and 131 metres @ 0.52% copper and 0.24 g/t gold) and ACD-007 (updip: 169 metres @ 0.48% copper and 0.33 g/t gold). ACD-012 successfully intersected a large and continuous zone of copper-gold mineralization of 224 metres @ 0.50% copper and 0.17 g/t gold, including 78 metres @ 0.74% copper and 0.35 g/t gold, and indicates that the copper-gold mineralization on this section has good continuity with respect to grade and thickness.
- Drillhole ACD-013 (Figure 4) was located on section 855760mN where it has tested the up-dip lateral extensions to known copper-gold mineralization in drillhole ACD-009 (150m @ 0.73% copper and 0.49 g/t gold) with a 50-metre step-out. ACD-013 successfully intersected a large, continuous zone of copper-gold mineralization of 160 metres @ 0.47% copper and 0.11 g/t gold, including 78 metres @ 0.71% copper and 0.15 g/t gold.
- Drillhole ACD-014 (Figure 4) was also located on section 855760mN and was collared 100 metres east of ACD-013 to test the lateral up-dip extensions. ACD-014 successfully intersected a large and continuous zone of copper-gold mineralization of 109 metres @ 0.51% copper and 0.31 g/t gold, including 54 metres @ 0.90% copper and 0.49 g/t gold, that remains open to the east and up-dip.
- Drillhole ACD-011 was located on section 855960mN and was designed to test a large IP chargeability anomaly. Drilling intersected a large interval of altered sediments, volcanic rocks and diorite intrusive with abundant disseminated pyrite but no significant intersection of copper-gold mineralization. Interpretation of the geology and alteration suggests the drillhole was located on the northern side of an east-west trending fault structure that offsets the copper-gold deposit at the most northern parts of the known mineralization. The copper-gold mineralization is interpreted to be located further east, where a coincident gold-and copper-in-soil anomaly is located.
|Table 1: Initial diamond drillhole results at the Alacran Project*.|
|*||True width intervals of the mineralization are interpreted as being between 90-100% true widths from oriented diamond drill core and sectional interpretation|
|**||Intercepts calculated at 0.35% copper equivalent cut-off with maximum internal dilution of 5 metres|
|***||Bulk Intercepts (in bold) calculated at 0.35% copper equivalent cut-off, no maximum internal dilution|
Figure 5. Alacran soil sampling program indicating the extensive anomalous copper-in-soil zone in comparison to previous drilling and the locations of the successful initial step-out holes testing the newly discovered lateral extensions
Figure 6. Alacran soil sampling program indicating the extensive anomalous gold-in-soil zone in comparison to previous drilling and the locations of the successful initial step-out holes testing the newly discovered lateral extensions
This news release includes certain "forward-looking information" within the meaning of Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements include predictions, projections and forecasts and are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as "seek", "anticipate", "believe", "plan", "estimate", "forecast", "expect", "potential", "project", "target", "schedule", budget" and "intend" and statements that an event or result "may", "will", "should", "could" or "might" occur or be achieved and other similar expressions and includes the negatives thereof. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding the potential of the Company's properties are forward-looking statements that involve various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Forward-looking statements are based on a number of material factors and assumptions. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from Company's expectations include actual exploration results, changes in project parameters as plans continue to be refined, future metal prices, availability of capital and financing on acceptable terms, general economic, market or business conditions, uninsured risks, regulatory changes, delays or inability to receive required approvals, and other exploration or other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by the Company with securities regulators. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ from those described in forward-looking statements, there may be other factors that cause such actions, events or results to differ materially from those anticipated. There can be no assurance that forward-looking statements will prove to be accurate and accordingly readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements which speak only as of the date of this news release. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation, except to the extent required by law, to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.