GoGold Resources Reaffirms Quarterly Production Estimate for Santa Gertrudis Project
GoGold Resources Inc. (TSX: GGD) ("GoGold") is pleased to reaffirm the previously announced production estimate of 400,000 to 500,000 silver equivalent ounces for the quarter ending December 31, 2016. During the month of October, 127,184 silver equivalent ounces were produced. GoGold expects the monthly production to accelerate through the quarter ending December 31, 2016.
There are two main factors driving increased production at GoGold. A ramp up of high grade material processed from the Santa Gertrudis project, and several changes to the Parral heap leach which are generating immediate positive results, they include the following:
- Adjusting heap height from a single 10 metre lift to a multi-staged 4 metre lift;
- Increasing strength of cyanide solution;
- Increasing strength and consistency of agglomerated pellets being placed on the heap leach pad;
- Addition of liquid air to irrigated solution to increase oxygen levels in the heap;
- Commissioning of a sulphidization, acidification, recycling and thickening ("SART") plant which will lower cyanide costs by recycling of cyanide within the process.
The changes listed above have had an immediate positive effect on the speed of recovery for the newly stacked material, and should also help mitigate effects of future heavy rain events. These recently implemented changes will continue to accelerate production at the Parral heap leach project.
Bradley Langille, CEO, stated "We are reaffirming our production target of 400,000 to 500,000 silver equivalent ounces for the quarter, and the recent changes to the Parral heap leach should significantly impact future production."
Mr. Robert Harris, P.Eng. is the qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and is responsible for the technical information of this release.
About GoGold Resources
GoGold Resources (TSX: GGD) is a Canadian-based silver and gold producer focused on operating, developing, exploring and acquiring high quality projects in Mexico. The Company's Parral Tailings project is one of the lowest cash cost silver producers in the world. Headquartered in Halifax, NS, GoGold is building a portfolio of low cost, high margin projects. For more information visit gogoldresources.com.
Source: GoGold Resources