Gold Road Resources: Gruyere Gold Project Development Update
West Perth, WA / January 18, 2018 / JMN Wire / Gold Road Resources Limited (ASX: GOR) (Gold Road) and Gruyere Mining Company Pty Ltd, a member of the Gold Fields Limited group (Gold Fields), are pleased to provide an update on development activities at the Gruyere Gold Project (the Project), which is being developed as a 50:50 Joint Venture approximately 200 kilometres east of Laverton in Western Australia.
With early works at Gruyere having started in December 2016, construction has now been in progress for more than 12 months. Pleasingly, the Project remains on schedule to pour first gold at the end of the first quarter of 2019. Costs incurred to date are also in line with the budgeted overall Project Capital of $532 million1.
Gruyere Project Director Sim Lau said “A great deal has been achieved in the past 12 months, which is testament to the efforts of the project team and our contractors. With Project engineering 72% complete and construction 32% complete, we remain confident that the Gruyere Gold Project will be brought into production on schedule and within budget in early 2019.”
- Construction on schedule and budget – engineering and construction 72% and 32% complete respectively
- Mining contract awarded to Downer EDI Mining Pty Ltd
- Final approval received for construction of gas pipeline
- Gruyere main access road open ahead of schedule
- Airstrip completed, awaiting CASA certification for 100‐seat aircraft
- Process plant construction progressing well