New Century Resources Selects Prederred Hydraulic Mining Contractors
Subiaco, WA / February 22, 2018 / JMN Wire / New Century Resources Limited (ASX: NCZ) (Company or New Century) is pleased to announce the completion of a comprehensive tender process to select the preferred contractors for hydraulic mining service works for the Century Tailings Deposit.
Commenting on the hydraulic mining due diligence process and subsequent contractor selection, New Century Chief Operating Officer Mr Barry Harris said:
“The selection of NPE and Paragon as the Company’s hydraulic mining preferred contractors represents another key step in the restart of operations at Century. We look forward to working with our new partners to ensure the safe, efficient and timely progression to production at the Mine later this year.
The hydraulic mining due diligence process and operational site visits also provided in depth exposure to a number of large scale hydraulic mining operations around the world, allowing the Company to have full confidence in NPE and Paragon’s operational proposal for the Century Tailings Deposit.
Cost-effective hydraulic mining is an integral part of the Company’s projected lowest cost quartile operations at the Century Tailings Deposit, which in turns maximises potential for high margins, and strong shareholders returns.”
- National Pump & Energy Ltd, partnered with Paragon Tailings Pty Ltd, selected as preferred contractors to undertake Century Tailings Deposit operations:
- National Pump & Energy is one of Australia’s leading pump and energy providers
- Paragon Tailings is an international specialist hydraulic mining company
- Detailed design & procurement for Century hydraulic mining operations underway
- Preferred contractor award follows a competitive tender processing involving three specialist international hydraulic mining companies
- Completion of the tender follows extensive due diligence by New Century management, including site visits to multiple leading hydraulic mining operations