New Century Resources: South Block Resource Gives Significant Potential At Century
Melbourne, VIC / January 15, 2018 / JMN Wire / New Century Resources Limited (ASX:NCZ) (Company or New Century) is pleased to announce the completion of resource definition over the South Block mineralisation at the Century Zinc Mine.
- New Century defines a new Indicated Mineral Resource (JORC 2012) at South Block:
- 6.1Mt at 6.8% Zn+Pb (5.3% Zn, 1.5% Pb, 43g/t Ag);
- containing 322,000t zinc, 90,000t lead and 8.5Moz silver.
- New Century well advanced in assessing potential for South Block development:
- preliminary metallurgical testwork demonstrates recoveries of up to 82% zinc, 85% lead and 83% silver through the existing Century Processing Plant;
- initial mining assessment complete & access approvals well progressed.
- Total Indicated & Inferred Mineral Resources (excl. tailings Ore Reserve) now:
- 9.3Mt at 10.8% Zn+Pb (6.1% Zn, 4.7% Pb, 66g/t Ag);
- containing 568,000t zinc, 433,000t lead and 19.9Moz silver.
- New Century’s total contained Mineral Resources complement its existing Proved Ore Reserve of 77.3Mt at 3.1% ZnEq, containing 2.3Mt zinc and 29.7Moz silver
- Expansion Feasibility Study to assess potential for insitu resources to increase Century mine life and increase zinc & lead metal production