Dark Horse Resources Samples up to 5.74% Li2O at Las Tapias Mine
West Perth, WA / December 7, 2017 / JMN Wire / Dark Horse Resources Limited (ASX: DHR) (“DHR”, “Dark Horse” or “the Company”) is pleased to update the market on the status of its exploration programs for its Argentinean lithium projects.
Dark Horse completed the first stage mapping and sampling of the surface and underground workings of the Las Tapias Mine in Cordoba province in November 2017. The work was reported to the ASX on 8 November 2017. The assay results from this program have now been received and evaluated, and the following highlights concluded from the work to date:
- The mineralised pegmatite is an ellipsoidal feature with a measured length of 300m to 400m, a width of 150m to 200m and an unknown depth, determined from surface and underground mapping at the mine.
- Very large crystals of spodumene in massive formations have been mapped on surface and underground (refer photos included below).
- A total of 142 representative rock chip samples were obtained and assayed ‐ 39 from underground and 103 from the surface.
- All underground samples returned lithium contents. They are predominantly 2m‐long representative channel samples from the drives and caves, and cover a significant proportion of the old working spaces.
- 54% (21 of 39) of these underground samples returned lithium values greater than 1.0% Li2O.
- There are two separate, continuous 30 metre sections within the underground caves that average 2.47% and 1.11% Li2O each.
Best underground results of Li2O are: 5.63% (A‐1106), 5.74% (A‐1108) and 4.93% (A‐1109).
- Best surface results of Li2O are: 1.33% (A‐1064) and 0.94% (A‐1063).
- A preliminary assessment of the Mine waste dumps has indicated a quantity of waste rock material of approximately 2 million tonnes. Preliminary surface sampling has indicated lithium content, however shallow surface weathering is believed to have affected the mineralisation and hence the results. Again, trenching is being implemented to obtain fresh samples and better definition of the dumps.