Longford Resources: Goodsprings Project Area Tripled and Work Program Commences
West Perth, WA / February 19, 2018 / JMN Wire / Longford Resources Limited (ASX: LFR) (“Longford” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that it has significantly expanded its high‐grade Goodsprings Copper‐Cobalt Project in Nevada, USA (“Project”), almost tripling the size of the project following a review of the exploration potential of the district for highgrade cobalt.
The expansion of the Project comes as the Company commences an extensive program of field work in advance of its inaugural drilling program at the Project, scheduled for mid‐2018.
- Goodsprings Project area tripled through staking 302 additional claims (LFR 100%)
- The expanded Project area now includes workings at the historical Blue Jay Mine – where ore grading 6.37% cobalt was recovered from a waste dump in 1922
- Systematic soil sampling underway to collect more than 2,000 samples across the majority of the Project area on 200m x 50m centres – assays expected during March and April
- IP survey over priority targets to commence in March
- Drilling scheduled to commence in mid‐2018 – shortly after IP data are received and interpreted