Nusantara Resources Drills 14.0 Metres of 2.0 g/t Gold at Awak Mas Project in Indonesia
West Perth, WA / November 14, 2017 / JMN Wire / Nusantara Resources Limited (ASX:NUS) (“Nusantara”) is pleased to announce the following assay results from the Phase 1 resource drilling program at its 100%-owned Awak Mas Gold Project located in South Sulawesi, Indonesia.
The Phase 1 program comprises 67 diamond drill holes (for approximately 8,230 m) designed to target areas of unclassified gold mineralisation and upgrade Inferred Resource mineralisation across the Awak Mas, Salu Bulo and Tarra deposits. A total of 25 drill holes have been completed to date within the Awak Mas deposit with the first of 12 holes underway at the higher grade Salu Bulo deposit. A total of three drill rigs are now assigned to the Phase 1 program following the commencement of a third rig in early November.
- Assay results from a further 11 drill holes support tenor and extent of mineralisation both within and beyond the existing Mineral Resource pit shell. Highlights include:
- RTD012: 14.0 m at 2.0 g/t Au from 143.0 m
- RTD014: 17.5 m at 2.7 g/t Au from 88.5 m, including 3.9 m at 10.2 g/t Au from 102.1 m
- LMD005: 35.2 m at 1.0 g/t Au from 87.0 m
- Drilling continues with 25 of 67 planned holes completed to date.
- Drilling has commenced at the higher grade Salu Bulo deposit with third drill rig.
- Board approves budget for exploration drilling in the highly prospective area between Awak Mas and Salu Bulo.
Assay results received from a further 11 drill holes continue to validate the Mineral Resource model, including better defining and expanding areas of known mineralisation. Particularly strong results were returned from a previously poorly defined mineralised zone within the Rante Domain of the Awak Mas deposit.
“Today’s results from the Awak Mas deposit resource drilling program are extremely encouraging in both demonstrating the robustness of this broad mineralised system and the veracity of the geological model” commented Nusantara’s Managing Director and CEO, Mike Spreadborough. “The results to date also demonstrate the presence of additional mineralisation within and beyond the resource pit shell, confirming the potential to grow the scale of the Awak Mas Gold Project”