Kalamunda, WA / March 6, 2018 / JMN Wire / Comet Resources Limited (ASX: CRL) (Comet) conducted a 220 sq km detailed aeromagnetic survey over the Springdale Graphite Project in Western Australia (ASX release 10th November 2017). Interpretation of this survey delineated 26 kilometres of stratigraphy deemed to be prospective for graphite mineralisation (currently less than 20% tested). Comet’s current drill program has already made a new high grade graphite discovery. This new discovery along with the Western Zone, discovered in 2016, and the Eastern Zone, discovered in 2017, demonstrates the prospectivity of the Springdale Project.
- Assay highlights include:
- HR0060 - 20m @ 19% TGC from 30m including 13m @ 26% TGC mineralised to end of hole;
- HR0061 - 7m @ 16% TGC from 15m including 3m @ 35% TGC and 15m @ 7% TGC from 24m including 2m @ 23% TGC and 2m @ 16% TGC;
- High grade graphite discovery in interpreted fold closure;
- Current drill program completed (numerous results pending);
- Springdale now has 3 highly prospective graphite target zones; and