Kalamunda, WA / November 10, 2017 / JMN Wire / Comet Resources Limited (ASX:CRL) (“Comet”) recently conducted a 220 sq km detailed aero magnetic survey over the Springdale Graphite Project in Western Australia. The survey has been intepreted by Southern Geoscience Consultants in in Western Australia, who focused on identifying stratigraphy deemed to be prospective for graphite mineralisation.
The interpretation has delineated 26 Km of stratigraphy deemed to be prospective for graphite mineralisation. Comet has only drilled 1.8 km or 7% of this stratigraphy and has already discovered multiple graphite zones. Structural interpretation identified tight folding of the stratigraphy within Comet’s tenements, highlighting the potential for repetition and thickening of prospective units. By combining existing drillhole data and the geological and structural interpretation from the aeromagnetics, Comet has identified five high priority drill targets .
- Aeromagnetic survey has identified a graphite target zone that extends over 26 K ilometres ;
- Five Priority Targets Identified;
- Target 1 hosts 1.5 km of interpreted strike with very limited drill testing and contains diamond hole HD018 which intersected 11 metres at 25.6% TGC including 9 metres at 30.2% TGC;
- Access agreement executed with two land owners allowing access to targets;
- Drilling to commence early December