Excelsior Gold: Ongoing Drilling Success at Zoroastrian
North Fremantle, WA / January 8, 2018 / JMN Wire / Excelsior Gold Limited (ASX: EXG) (“the Company” or “Excelsior”) is pleased to provide the following update on infill RC drilling at the Zoroastrian deposit (Figure 1) within the Company’s 100%-owned Kalgoorlie North Gold Project (“KNGP”), located 30 to 55km north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. The current fully-funded 33,000m drilling program continues to work towards upgrading and adding to KNGP’s 954,000-ounce gold resource base with the objective of rebuilding the project’s reserves, while continuing to explore the highly prospective project area for new discoveries.
- Further encouraging assay results have been received from the Zoroastrian infill RC drilling program, which continues to outline multiple gold mineralised lodes that could potentially support both open pit and underground mining.
- Significant intersections include:
- 7m at 5.55g/t Au from 208m down hole, including 3m at 8.86g/t Au (KNC170057)
- 5m at 3.39g/t Au from 233m down hole (KNC170057)
- 2m at 7.69g/t Au from 116m down hole (KNC170045)
- 3m at 9.72g/t Au from 109m down hole (KNC170045)
- 4m at 5.60g/t Au from 295m down hole, including 2m at 9.58g/t Au (KNC170060)