De Grey Mining: Significant High-Grade Gold intersected -Toweranna Prospect
West Perth, WA / December 19, 2017 / JMN Wire / De Grey Mining Limited (ASX: DEG) (“De Grey”, “Company”) is pleased to report the completion of RC drilling at the Toweranna Prospect at the Pilbara Gold Project, located approximately 100km from Port Hedland, Western Australia.
The recent RC drilling program has successfully returned numerous high-grade intercepts within a continuous zone of gold mineralisation, approximately 450m strike length, around the southern and western margin of the granite intrusion to a depth of around 100-120m. Importantly, the gold mineralisation remains open at depth with numerous high-grade zones indicating deeper underground potential. This drilling has the potential to significantly increase the existing resource (JORC 2012) of 0.43Mt @ 2.9g/t Au for 40,700oz.
“These new drilling intersections are an excellent result and now extend gold mineralisation down to approximately 100 -120metres depth.
Work will now focus on step-out RC and diamond drilling to further extend the high-grade mineralisation at depth and to obtain detailed geological controls on the mineralisation for resource estimation and metallurgy of the oxide and fresh material” commented Technical Director and Operations Manager, Andy Beckwith.
*All sampling results are based on 4m composite samples and re-assay on 1m basis is currently underway.
- Drilling returns numerous significant high-grade drilling intersections around the western and southern margin of the granite intrusion.
- Results expected to increase overall resources.
- 23 holes intersecting high grade (>2.5g/t) mineralisation
- 33 holes of 35 intersecting (>1g/t) mineralisation
- High grade intersections (>4g/t Au*) include
- 4m @ 35.0g/t Au from 8m in TRC079
- 4m @ 25.3g/t Au from 28m in TRC080
- 8m @ 21.7g/t Au from 48m in TRC058 (incl 4m @ 40.2g/t Au from 52m)
- 4m @ 20.2g/t Au from 8m in TRC074
- 4m @ 14.7g/t Au from 32m in TRC066
- 4m @ 8.2g/t Au from 36m in TRC050
- 12m @ 7.0g/t Au from 0m in TRC054 (incl 4m @ 16.2g/t Au from 0m)
- 8m @ 6.7g/t Au from 104m in TRC053